Friday, October 26, 2012

Skyrim - To Sovngarde

As some of you may know, I'm a huge Skyrim fan, and I've been playing in my spare time lately. I got off of work and when I got home I started playing. (Keep in mind there are possible spoilers for those who haven't beaten the game yet!)

My current character is a Bosmer named Tsura. She specializes in a little bit of everything. Two adopted children, resides in Heljarchen Hall in the Pale, and usually keeps Bran the armored Husky around. I'm in the final act, finally (I decided I might actually try to finish the game for once instead of endlessly exploring all the corners of the vast world). So I'd just flown on Odahviing to Skuldafn, leaving my husband Farkas, and my gallant steed Frost behind. I began heading up the path in the direction I figured was the right way.



A couple Draugr came out and a dragon swooped down at the same time so I was instantly in "what the fuck" fight mode. My heath got low and I hurried to open my item menu and use a potion. I started sifting through all of my Cure Disease and Frost Damage Reduction potions to find a Healing potion. Then I discovered that I'd used all of my other Healing potions during my last battle. I was still being attacked at the time, so as soon as I left the menu I knew I'd be near death. I mustered up my gut and took a chance. 



I un-paused the menu and took off running. Well that didn't help much because I'd been slowed down and they proceeded to attack me, but it gave me enough time to pull out my Fast Healing spell. I fell through some brush and had no idea where I was going and ended up in the bottom of a lake. What. Okay, then I swam up to the top because I forgot I wasn't wearing a water tunic (hyuck). 



I came to the surface and poked my head out like a crocodile to see a Draugr waiting for me to come back. "HAHA YOU CAN'T SWIM!" I burst. 



My life refilled a little less than half way and I swam forward to the bank to attack him. He eventually bludgeoned me enough to induce another retreat. I turned to look this time and he was walking along the floor of the lake swinging his battle axe. What the fuck is this? What. I said, "I hope you drown!" Then I screamed and swam away. I eventually got far enough away that he gave up and ran back to the top of the hill where I fell in. My life refilled at this point and I ran up the hill only to encounter two instead of one. I killed them and proceeded up the hill. Well shit. I forgot about the dragon. The son of a bitch had been sitting up there waiting on me THE WHOLE TIME. He blew fire in my face and I stood there scorched for a moment. After that I killed him easily, (le neck snap). 


I proceeded up the hill only to encounter another. Lo and behold I remembered I have the Dragonblade which does 20 more damage to dragons. DIOS ME! I equipped it and stabbed him repeatedly until he had barely any life left.









All of a sudden he started to say something. Some Dovah nonsense gibberish. I killed him before he got to the part that normal people can understand. Then I went total bro on the situation, "WHAT WAS THAT I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER MY FLAWLESS VICTORY." 



After all that business I went through, fought some folks and ended up in Sovngarde. I saw some old friends that had died in the battlefield, including Kodlak Whitemane. (My creys). I proceeded through the quest and defeated Alduin without much of a problem (Tsun, the guy guarding the Whalebone Bridge was more of a challenge). After all was said and done, I was shouted back to the Throat of the World.



I spoke to Paarthurnax and Odahviing. Finally the two of them flew away and I was left alone. I climbed to the tall peak next to the archway and looked up at the Aurora Borealis. I sped up time to the morning to watch the sunrise, and as I climbed down I saw my husband Farkas running towards me. I spoke to him and if you're familiar with Skyrim you know the NPCs have typical automatic responses that they say when you speak to them. The first and only thing he said was, "I'm still here." 



MY FEELS. I just. It was beautiful. This ladies and gentlemen, is why I love Skyrim. I'll leave you with this and these feels. Look for new posts about Skyrim later, adventures from both Tsura, and the new character I'll be starting soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment